Tuesday, June 1, 2010

C2-5K time!

Well it's summer - and if I want to wear a bathing-suit anywhere other than my back yard I want to loose a bit of weight. Plus although people may tell me I look fine, I am really out of shape and that's the bigger goal here!

My friend Ann has had great success with the C25K - better known as the "couch to 5K" program. She looks awesome and could probably kick my butt (although I think she could have done that before!)

I'm going to blog about this because I want a place to keep track of what I'm doing, and since I don't want anyone to know my weight (or if I fail) and no one reads my blog I thought this was the perfect place!

According to the internet my ideal weight is between 108-132. I got on the scale this AM and was 144 - which is great because the last time I checked I was 155! I'm shooting for 115, but will take what I can get!

So today was day 1 - I didn't have the program yet but I knew the basics, so although I didn't actually follow the rules it was close enough for me. I'm going out again on Thursday and am really excited!